At WonderSmiles we have introduced a number of initiatives to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We purchase 100% accredited GreenPower from renewable sources.
- All organic waste from food (e.g. lunchtime leftovers) is composted and the soil is used for the practice’s vegetable garden and pot plants.
- Recyclable materials(e.g. plastic and paper) are separated from sterilisation pouches before disposal, diverting a large proportion of landfill waste.
- Recycled paper is used for office printing.
- Biodegradable cleaning products are used on floors and surfaces.
- We participate in a tree-planting scheme in Northeast Victoria to offset emissions derived from travel for continuing education.
- We participate in the "Dentists for Cleaner Water" project and have installed an amalgam separator in our practice to ensure that mercury waste from the old amalgam fillings we remove does not enter Victoria's sewerage system
We have been concerned with the high impact of health industries on the environment and hence become involved with the Carbon Down project via VECCI. Please click on the link below to read our case study.